“The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective.”
― G.K. Chesterton
We’ll be taking a little break over the New Year to realign our thoughts, dream new dreams, and perhaps even press delete on ideas that aren’t really working out for us. You can count us to be back at the store & ready to ship orders from 9 January 2017.
Greatest lessons learnt in 2016:
- Where you see is where you go
- “Don’t do what makes you happy. Do what makes you great” – Charlie Day
- Your thoughts and attitudes shape your health. All those unresolved feelings of anger, hurt, envy, unforgiveness, fear, guilt, heartbreak… they do nothing but turn inwards and hurt you in the end. This year I discovered just how much of a toll they take on your wellbeing. If you’re feeling stuck and quite literally sick and bothered, I hope you’ll get a chance to sit down and get real uncomfortable with those feelings so that you can work through them. Hopefully, you will find yourself so tired of having to carry this burden that you can finally forgive yourself, forgive others, and let it go.
- Perfectionism, as Elizabeth Gilbert writes in her book Big Magic (one of my favourite reads this year), is the couture version of fear.
- And finally, it’s always so much better to focus on your own shit and grow what you have, rather than wishing for more and neglecting your ready resources.
What did you learn this year?
Ultimately, we couldn’t have gotten through 2016 without your support. Thank you for your friendship, your orders, your lovely posts and comments – they keep us going.