“Emotionally, I wanted to stay. Intellectually, I wanted to leave. As always, I seem to enjoy punishing myself.”
— Susan Sontag
There’s a line in the Bible: If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you.
What will I do when I close the book on this current life chapter? Let my peace rest or take it back? I’m not entirely sure. And the act of even acknowledging that is human and liberating because it’s honest.
I am tired. I imagined this going a different way.
Helping me breathe through this turbulent season is Mmerci Encore’s Recovery Mode blend. My original intention for the blend was to create something that could really help me ground, re-centre, reframe my thoughts, and rediscover my own inner light.
As always, the Recovery Mode blend is formulated with 100% therapeutic grade and natural essential oils – it has loads of sandalwood and organic lavender to really help wick away stress, anxiety and tension. It really eases me into a meditative state even when my heart is in knots.
I may not always be into wood-based essential oils, but this really encourages me to let go of my ruminating and be still in the moment, accepting it for what it is. And for that, I’m thankful.
Time to get my hopes up x
We’re delighted to share that you can stock up on all your fave Mmerci Encore artisanal aromatherapy goodies and more at the Crate & Barrel Christmas Market 2017.
Join us on 16th December 2017 from 12pm – 6pm! We’ll be at the Crate & Barrel Gateway store at Orchard Gateway.
We’ll be joined by the likes of other frendors such as Clinique, The Paper Bunny, Bloom Room, Matakana Estate, Yummy Poffertjes, and more!
Crate & Barrel Gateway Orchard
Sat 16 Dec 2017
12pm to 6pm
Click here to RSVP today!
“Genesis does not stop, your god continues creating you.”
– Frank Herbert
Hello. It’s been mad. It’s been awhile.
I retreated from the screen to do other things, mostly because I didn’t want to churn things out for the sake of content. And because one of my rules in life is to never do something for the sake of merely doing it.
So I emerge from a season of many changes & cities. Tokyo, Hong Kong, Bali. Two for work and the latter for pleasure.
We’re gearing up for the next round of Boutiques Fairs at the F1 Pit Building (from Fri 10 Nov to Sun 12 Nov, 2017) and digging deep to bring you beautiful new things.
In this season of rediscovering our flow, there have been a few panic-filled moments where I asked myself why we don’t create as many products as others out there in the market. But then I was reminded every time that you really can’t rush things made from the heart. Our intention has never been to turn a quick buck and push the hippest, buzziest products #trending out there. So much thought, honesty and care goes into what we do. I will always strive to create from a place of true passion than fear or lack. If we share a new product with you, it’s because it’s come to us in the right time.
In this season, I learned that it was ok to speak and act from a place of deeper honesty and authenticity, even if it meant clearly defining boundaries (I for one, am ok with living in the grey for the most part!). That people choosing to leave was more a reflection on them, and that I was free to move on. That if things weren’t working for me, I could just reframe the problem and approach things from a different angle.
Basically, while the Old Me would have chosen to take on an issue as being my problem to handle, I’m glad I didn’t take the bait in some situations and opted to let an issue rest instead. Not my circus, not my monkeys. You cannot possibly control everything.
I learned that if I don’t get quiet or take time to give back to myself after all those big events, travelling and interactions, I’m going to experience a harder crash and feel even darker, more drained than before.
And I’m slowly learning how to rebuild my energy after feeling depleted by people and situations that generally, rob you of your joy. And to give less f*cks in general, as Mark Manson says.
Several nights ago, I got really quiet before bed and created a list of the things I count on to help me increase my vibration. Here are few things that work for me:
- Nightly face cleansing that incorporates massage. I love balm cleansers for this very reason. You really have to work it in there, get all that blood circulating, gently drain toxins away & more. Currently loving Eve Lom’s Cleanser.
- The hot Lapis Lazuli stone massage at the Ritz-Carlton. My girlfriends treated me to a much-needed spa session in early August and I’ve never looked back since. While I’m not the biggest fan of heat-based treatments (I was literally burned by a spa during my days as a spa judge and reviewer – long story), I really adore this utterly pampering head-to-toe treatment at the Ritz.
- Listening to Raura’s Crystal Singing Bowl album which I downloaded off iTunes. It’s so great for grounding and to ease yourself into the evening after a long day of people talking at you.
- Anointing my body with Luxe Gloss and other rejuvenating essential oils after the shower. I realised for almost a year or so, I stopped ‘caring’. Sure, I’d scrub and go through the motions, but there was no real tenderness in the act. Now with every gesture, even if it’s a mask or applying serum (I religiously use Skin Inc’s Serum infused Night Oil at night and Cle de Peau’s Le Serum both day and night), I really do feel it’s like a little treat for the soul.
- Taking time to jot thoughts down before sleep and note down learnings.
Notice how the senses of touch and sound feature prominently in this list? Perhaps there’s no better way to ground, than to really return to yourself with tenderness.
I have a long way to go, but it’s important to be gentle with yourself in order to rebuild and feel stronger day by day.
With just a handful of days left before Christmas, let us save you the mad hustle of gift shopping with our handcrafted artisanal aromatherapy goods!
Shop today to have all your Christmas goodies sorted, and don’t forget, last day for orders is Tue 20 Dec, 2016!
Find us at store.mmerciencore.com
“When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgment called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.”
– Kim McMillen
CURRENTLY BURNING Mmerci Encore’s Gently, Gently blend which encourages you to be kind and forgiving to yourself. For days when you’ve got nothing left to give. A lifesaver for when self-care is essential, but the hardest, to give to yourself.